Family Bike Shop

The official Family Bike Shop blog that I try to keep up to date with current events, bike shop ride info, and Team Family Bike Shop/DCMTB race results.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday @ Patapsco

The kids allowed Sarah and I to sleep-in this morning (8:15am is sleeping-in when you have kids) so I awoke to my phone ringing. It was my buddy John saying that there was a ride going out at 9:15am. Wow! One hour to get dressed, loaded up, get to the shop to grab my bike and stop for some breakfast to be able to meet. Well, I pulled it off and it was worth the rushing around.

Met up with John, Melanie, Bob, Di and Tracy. We had an awesome mellow ride of about 15 miles. Even with all the recent rain the trails were in great shape and everyone had fun. There were tons of people out and we rode by many different groups of friends.

Over the weekend I switched my SS to a 1x4, so this was the first ride on that setup. It worked great and it was nice to have a couple of gears to play around with. I still need to dial the gearing in, but I think I will enjoy this change for a bit.

This Thursday is the annual Thanksgiving day ride. We're meeting at the park-n-ride at Patapsco at 8:15am and riding with about 80 people. A great social ride. Good way to get ready for turkey later in the day. It's one of my favorite rides of the year. I can't wait. Hope to see you there!

Keeping the rubber side down,
Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home