Family Bike Shop

The official Family Bike Shop blog that I try to keep up to date with current events, bike shop ride info, and Team Family Bike Shop/DCMTB race results.

Monday, May 05, 2008

12 Hours of Lodi Farms

Trevor, Tom and I did the the 12 Hours of Lodi Farm over the weekend. The long and short of it is we won our class, Single Speed 3-man team, and took 3rd overall. Our compound mates Jim and his Coppi teammates got 3rd place in the beginner 3-man class. Nice showing for a bunch of roadies that had never done a race like this.

Lodi is a 12-hour race that starts at midnight and ends 12 hours later at noon. It's a challenging race because of the late start and sleep deprivation. We were all thankful that the rain held out this year. Lodi is always famous for having at least one downpour.

We all rode very strong and Tom continues to impress doing 5 laps and getting us out to an early lead that we never relinquished. Trevor, as always, rode like a locomotive turning consistant lap times over and over. And I got faster every lap finally tying Tom for fastest team lap on my fourth.

Fastest lap of the day went to Cargo Mike racing for City Bikes with Gwadz and Jonathan. He turned 49min on his final lap. The only racer of the day to break 50 mins. That's flying. Check out Gwadzillas, site as he will definitely have some words about the weekend.

Right now I am tired and very sore. As results and pictures start to become available I will post some more.

Jonathan

4 Comments:

At 9:36 AM , Blogger Dogzbollux said...

Congrats on the 3 man SS win!! Lodi is a great race - still sore myself!!

Hope to bump into you guys at Patapsco for another "no lights" snow ride next winter.

Cheers

DogzBollux

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger gwadzilla said...

jonathan
great racing and hanging out with you (and your team) at Lodi
the race was small but the competition was high
we chased but we could not keep pace
I have not looked at my times yet
but I think I figured out the course better by my fourth lap
but the numbers may tell me something different

I worked really hard maybe so hard that I was inefficient
it is an interesting battle on that tight course with all those turns

great single speed course
but I wish I had a smaller gear
the section where Tom dropped me killed me on all four laps
I just could not flow through there

looking forward to seeing you guys at future races

rock on
-joel

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Blue-eyed Devil said...

Nice work, Jonathan. Yet again, you boys laid it down nonstop and kicked some serious ass.

Well done.

Good seeing you again, however briefly.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Family Bike Shop said...

Joel, as always great to catch up with you. You guys were flying too,
it kept us motivated to keep riding fast.
Steve you all are nuts. 12 hours fixed would kill me. When I passed your group on my last lap you were all still killing it. Hope to bump into you again soon
Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home